I just found these organic bras from LeadingLady.com that look and fit just like any other bra. Not like those loose fitting sports bra-like things that organic bras used to look like. And the best part is that they’re reasonable priced. At the time of this post the underwire bra is $36 and the soft-cup bra is $30.
The only caveat is that they currently only carry organic nursing bras. So if you’re a nursing mother you’re in luck. The best thing though is that the company is committed to sustainable practices. More on that later.
Their organic nursing bras come in underwire and soft-cup (they also sell an organic cotton nursing cami)
The bras are made from 92% organic cotton and 8% spandex. The cotton is said to be “100% organic from soil to finished product”.
These organic nursing bras have the following features:
- Molded seamless style looks great under clothing
- Natural coloring – no dyes or bleaches
- Inner sling for support
- Quick one handed clasp for easy nursing
- Adjustable straps for a perfect fit
Sustainability in Practice
Although Leading Lady currently only has organic bras for nursing mothers, the company as a whole is committed to sustainability and eco-friendly practices.
Leading Lady is committed to protecting the environment and understands the effect that disposable products have on our environment. It is our responsibility to drive positive changes toward more environmentally friendly practices both in business and in our communities.
Leading Lady implemented a Sustainable Packaging Initiative in 2008. The company currently recycles all shipping cartons so that they do not end up in landfills and encourage all of their vendors to follow eco-friendly packaging practices, including:
- The use of Recycled Paper and Post-Consumer Fiber
- The use of Biodegradable & Compostable Plastics
- Reducing the Product-to-Packaging Ratio
Within the company they also follow many environmentally friendly policies including:
- Recycling all paper
- Recycling plastics, glass, aluminum and steel
- Recycling computer hardware, cell phones and office equipment
- Using recycled, biodegradable, compostable products whenever possible
- Donating discontinued products to local organizations
- Working towards a paper-less environment
- Encouraging our workforce to follow eco-friendly practices at home
Leading Lady also promotes The Bra Recyclers, an organization we profiled that takes donations of gently worn bras and distributes them to women in need.
So even though they only have a small selection of organic cotton bras at this point, Leading Lady looks like a good company you can feel good about buying from. Hopefully their selection of eco-friendly underwear will continue to grow.